The kale season is coming to an end, and at the same time radishes and arugula are coming back fresh and crisp from the regional fields. The Kale Radish Bowl with lentil sprouts fits perfectly.
Remember the Meal Prep Board from early April? Here we go, this bowl is put together within a few minutes – in the case you have invested some time in the Meal Prep. Even if you prepare all the ingredients fresh – it’s worth it.
Advantages of Meal Prep::
- All the greens and radishes are washed and ready to serve
- The rice is cooked
- The sweet potatoes are already roasted
- Sprouts, red onions and nuts come from the meal prep stock
- Dressing is ready to use
As you can see, all that’s left to do is to dress the kale and quarter the radishes. And to distribute everything on plates or in bowls. Lunch or dinner in the form of a kale and radish bowl with lentil sprouts can almost not be faster on the table.
Another advantage is that if you don’t like an ingredient, you can easily substitute it. Instead of radishes, crunchy diced peppers are added to the bowl, or arugula is replaced with lamb’s lettuce. Of course, the taste changes – but as always, my primary goal here is to inspire you.
Ingredients Kale Radish Bowl with lentil sprouts:
- Radishes, in the best case already washed
- Lentil sprouts, homegrown or purchased
- brown rice
- roasted sweet potatoes
- pickled red onions
- roasted nuts
- cilantro-lime dressing or classic salad dressing
- Olive oil
How to prepare the Kale Radish Bowl with lentil sprouts:
- Quarter the radishes.
- Chop the kale into small pieces, salt lightly and knead a little, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and let stand for a short time
- Warm up the rice and sweet potatoes slightly if desired, I also like them cold in a bowl.
- Distribute all ingredients in a bowl, sprinkle with nuts and pour dressing on top.
It’s bowl time! If you have prepared a few basic ingredients at the beginning of the week, you have a clear advantage. It just saves so much time to have already cooked brown rice and roasted vegetables in the fridge. In addition, already washed salads / vegetables and a few basic ingredients, such as roasted nuts and the salad dressing and the perfect bowl is ready in no time!
- 1 bunch radishes, washed
- 100 g arugula, washed
- 2 handfuls of kale, washed
- 100 g lentil sprouts
- 2 portions cooked brown rice
- 2 portions roasted sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons pickled red onions
- 4 tbsp roasted nuts
- Salad dressing
- Prepare the ingredients
- Quarter the radishes, the tender green leaves can be added to the salad.
- Roughly shred the kale, sprinkle with a little salt and knead for 1 minute.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the kale and let it stand for a short time.
- Divide the arugula, kale, rice and sweet potatoes into bowls or deep plates.
- Add lentil sprouts
- Place quartered radishes in the center
- Divide 2 tablespoons each of pickled red onions and roasted nuts among the bowls
- Sprinkle with dressing and enjoy
If you don’t have the ingredients in the fridge yet, but start from scratch, put the rice on and put the sweet potatoes in the oven. In the cooking / baking time, the greens are washed and chopped, preferably in larger quantities, so that now some Meal Prep is left in the refrigerator…The preparation then takes about 30 – 40 minutes.
Keywords: Kale radish bowl with lentil sprouts, bowl, salad, dressing