Spring seems to be around the corner and the cilantro lime dressing fits perfectly! Not only is the color so wonderfully green and makes you look forward to the trees coming out, but the taste is so fresh, I could eat it all the time right now.
Ingredients cilantro lime dressing:
- Cashew nuts, they replace the oil and make the dressing so nice and creamy
- Lime juice, is for me the flavor carrier for freshness par excellence
- Fresh coriander, here the spirits divide, but I love coriander
- Cumin, goes very well with coriander and has a beneficial effect on digestion
- Sriracha, is now available in great organic quality. Alternatively, you can use some chili powder
- Salt, pepper
That’s why you’ll love this recipe :
- The dressing is prepared in the blender in 5 minutes
- You can make a larger quantity right away, it will keep in the fridge for about 1 week
- The cilantro lime dressing goes well with Mexican flavors as well as Asian-inspired bowls.
- With a little less water, you can whip up a delicious dip that makes raw veggies taste twice as good!
- You only need 5 ingredients and a little water
Variations for the cilantro lime dressing:
The cashews are hard to replace, in my opinion, because they make the dressing so nice and creamy. And also the coriander is of course in this recipe a hero. Those who don’t like cilantro, should leave their fingers of it.
But a small clove of garlic, possibly even sauteed, adds even more depth of flavor to the cilantro lime dressing, and a few scallions go great with it, too.
If you don’t like or can’t stand spiciness, you can use paprika powder instead of Sriracha or chili, or leave it out completely.Print
The cilantro lime dressing fits perfectly into spring with its bright green!
- 125 g (1 cup) cashew nuts
- 1–2 bunches of coriander, depending on the desired intensity
- 230 ml (1 cup) water
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Wash the coriander
- place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until a creamy texture is achieved
- season to taste with salt, pepper and sriracha
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you can also make the dressing with a hand blender. Soak the cashews in water for 1-2 hours. Pour away the soaking water and slightly increase the amount of water in the recipe.
Keywords: Dressing, salad dressing, cilantro, lime, mexican, asian