I love Pumpkin Spice Granola at the moment . The warming spices fit perfectly into the season and the granola is so versatile. With coconut yogurt and fruit in a breakfast bowl, as a topping for a delicious smoothie…. and sometimes I even shove a spoonful straight into my mouth – but shhh, don’t tell the kids!
Ingredients Pumkin Spice Granola:
2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup pecans
2-3 tsp Pumkin Spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
To measure the ingredients for granola, cups – as they are used in the USA for measuring baking ingredients – are really practical. You can measure out the ingredients and stir them together in a bowl very fast.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- You can easily make the granola gluten-free by using gluten-free rolled oats
- You only need 8 ingredients, all of which are in your pantry (hopefully, since Meal Prep Basics)
- The granola contains no white sugar, unlike many store-bought crunchy granola varieties
- The recipe is 100% plant based
- In an airtight jar, the Pumpkin Spice Granola will keep for several weeks (though in our house, it’s always eaten up much faster…)
- As always, the recipe serves only as a guide. You can vary it as you like and, for example, add dried cranberries after baking. Or replace the pecans with almonds…
Quick steps to make granola:
Measure ingredients, coarsely chop nuts and mix everything together well in a bowl.
Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 30-35 minutes. Turn once after about 15 minutes.
Let cool on the tray and store in an airtight container.
What does the granola taste best with?
- As a topping on a small bowl of coconut yogurt…
- …or on your favorite smoothie
- As a crunchy topping on porridge
- Sprinkled over fruit salad
- Or just straight from the jar on its own!
Tips for the most delicious Pumpkin Spice Granola:
- Use coarse rolled oats, preferably organic and locally grown
- Use homemade pumpkin pie spice
- If you add dried fruit, always add it after baking, otherwise the fruits will get hard.
- Make double quantities, then it pays to have the oven running and there is something left over longer
Super tasty crunchy granola, perfect for fall and winter.
- 2 cup coarse rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 150°C convection oven
- Measure and prepare all ingredients
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Coarsely chop the nuts
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl
- Spread on the baking tray
- Bake in a hot oven for about 30-35 minutes
- Turn after 15 minutes
- Let cool down completely and store in an airtight container
Towards the end of the baking time, check the oven regulary. If the granola is already dark, simply shorten the baking time.