A big love for muesli
For breakfast in everyday life, we always eat Bircher muesli, made with oatmeal, banana, a grated apple and milk. Crunchy granola is reserved for the weekend or as a snack.
During the week, Bircher muesli is the basis and everyone has their preferences … our elder son loves overnight oats, he is making himself some of it every night and adds the fresh fruits and milk in the morning.
Our youngster does not like flaxseed and leaves them out, but he warms up his cereal before eating.
As a snack we all love: Crunchy Granola!
Our kids love to make themselves a snack in the afternoon. Crunchy Granola is then really high in their ranking!
I usually make a big batch of granola and sometimes even triple the recipe (you need to use several baking trays then, but bake it all together to safe energy!).
Everybody can pimp the granola to a special edition then…. One adds dried cranberries and raisins, the next one loves them without milk etc. The variations are endless …Print
Make yourself and your family a favor and make a batch of crispy granola!
- 300 g oatmeal
- 200 g of nuts and seeds (hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- 125 ml of apple juice
- 125 ml liquid honey (or maple syrup)
- 60 ml of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix oatmeal and nuts / seeds on a deep baking tray.
- Heat apple juice, honey, coconut oil and spices in a small saucepan on low heat until everything has mixed well
- Add to the oatmeal / nut mixture and knead until all is well mixed
- Bake at 160 ° C for about 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely, only then the granola gets crispy
Mix some dried fruits under the cereal after baking (200 g, for example, dried cranberries, raisins, small cut dried apricots)
Keeps airtight about 4 weeks (never the case in our house, as it seems to evaporate after 4 days …)
Keywords: Crunchy granola, muesli, cereals, granola
Crunchy Granola is also good as a dessert!
I think crispy granola goes easily through as a small dessert! Topped with Greek yogurt, some sliced bananas and blueberries from the freezer… You can tripple some honey over it and in no time the dessert is ready!
Do you fancy more cereal recipes?
Take a look at the sugar-free banana granola for you! Do you want more recipes for cereal and granola? Then write me a comment, I still have some ideas!