No autumn without a pumpkin recipe!
High time for the pumpkin spread recipe!
It feels like autumn is already coming to an end. The leaves are swirling through the air, the first trees are standing without leaves in the forest and the air is getting cooler and cooler. Pumpkins are in peak season and will continue to accompany us for the next few months, stored in a cool place.
A good alternative to cheese
We usually eat bread and cheese in the evening and a salad with it. Sometimes a soup. Since our cheese consumption is very high and we want to reduce our dairy product consumption further, I am always trying new alternatives.
Meal Prep – the pumpkin spread is made for it!
Plus: Pumpkin spread is really tasty and not only fits to bread and crackers, but also in a bowl or with a salad. It shines wonderfully from the table and makes really good mood.
Check out the recipe for the spicy Gomasio here! It is made in no time and goes well with so many dishes. It spices up any soup, tastes great sprinkled over salad and adds depth to dishes.
Alternatively to the spicy Gomasio you can use some Liquid Smoke for the smoky taste.Print
For all who want to bring homemade spreads to the table! Here is an autumn classic!
- 250 g Hokkaido
- 100 g white beans, cooked
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot gomasio / alternatively 3 drops of liquid smoke & 1 tablespoon roasted sesame & 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Cut Hokkaido into large pieces, remove seeds.
- Cook in salt water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Puree all ingredients except the spicy gomasio (or sesame and chili flakes if you don’t have any spicy gomasio).
- Fold in gomasio / sesame / chili flakes
Poured into a clean glass jar, the spread will keep for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator. The taste will be nice and intense after the pumpkin spread has been spread for one night.
Keywords: Pumpkin spread, pumpkin, spread