Red cabbage is available throughout the winter and has become one of my favorite winter vegetables. I love it – as you already know – very much as oven vegetables. As a fresh raw salad I almost always have a glass of it in my fridge..
Crispy red cabbage salad pimps every bowl, you can fill wraps with it or add it to a flatbread sandwich . I like to eat a hearty fork inbetween baking Christmas Cookies…
The red cabbage salad is made quickly, those who have a mandolin just have to take care of their fingers. But the stripes are also fast cut, no problem.Print
Super crunchy raw salad for the winter season!
- 500 g of fresh red cabbage
- 1/2 pomegranate, gutted (it is not regional in Germany, so its optional)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Cut red cabbage and onion into strips with a mandoline or a very sharp knife. Salt and knead briefly
- Chop the parsley with the pomegranate seeds under the red cabbage.
- For the dressing mix lemon, oil and pepper. Give everything over the salad, mix well and let it draw briefly.
The salad keeps fresh in the fridge a few days, I think it gets even better when it is well marinated (although not so crispy anymore then…).
Keywords: red cabbage, red cabbage salad, raw salad