Ripe bananas in their most delicious form
Banana bread is a classic in our family! Because bananas are among the foods we always have in the house. They come to the Bircher Muesli in the morning and I like to use them to sweeten smoothies and pastries. If a very fast energy boost is required by the boys, I’ll make a quick banana milk.
From time to time, however, some stay too long, and as soon as they have brown spots, nobody wants to eat them anymore! The classic case for a round of banana bread!
Best way to use overripe bananas!
Banana bread – the perfect snack
A fresh banana bread from the oven does not survive the afternoon with us! Although it can freeze very well, there is never anything left over here !! The cake is so juicy that it could easily be eaten over a few days!!Print
The best way to use overripe bananas!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 125 ml neutral oil
- 3 eggs
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1/2 Tl vanilla powder (available in the organic market)
- 225 g spelled flour
- 3 tb baking powder
- 1 Tl ground cinnamon
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 extra banana
- Mash the bananas with a fork
- Mix mashed bananas, oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl
- Mix the flour with baking powder and cinnamon, chop the chocolate and add to the flour mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the moist ingredients and stir until just combined (do not stir too much!)
- Place in a lightly greased box-shaped baking tin (line with non-stick baking paper)
- Peel extra banana and halve lengthwise, add on top of the dough
- Bake at 180 ° C, for approx. 55-60 minutes, test with a skewer
Banana bread lkeeps fresh vor 3-4 days and it also freezes very well.
Keywords: banana bread