Sometimes all you need is chocolate!
And the other day was such a day! The whole family urgently needed a chocolate shock in the form of the most delicious chocolate muffins from the new “Modern Baking” by Donna Hay.
I guess we really needed it: first I dumped double the amount of sugar into the bowl of dry ingredients – with the result of completely doubling the recipe to save it!! And then I forgot in the excitement to add the eggs at all!! Seriously????
I only realized that I forgot the eggs after the muffins were already baked, when I let the recipe go through my head again and wondered: “were there no eggs in there”?
The amazing result:
The chocolate muffins were still delicious !! Luckily because with the number of 24 pieces…! They were certainly a little firmer and the taste was not quite perfectly rounded – but they became unconsciously vegan, because we had taken coconut milk instead of cow milk.
I can tell you: the muffins can be frozen and thawed out again easily. But because of the high chocolate content they taste really juicy for a good week! I had them in an airtight box and they kept wonderful.Print
Super juicy chocolate muffins, with or without egg. The recipe is slightly modified, the original is from “Modern Baking” by Donna Hay.
- 300 g spelled flour 630
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 175 g (!) Raw cane sugar
- 40 g of coconut flakes
- 25 g of cocoa powder
- 250 ml of coconut milk
- 125 ml rapeseed oil
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked (it has also worked without!?!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (available at the health food store)
- 200 g FairTrade dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° c
- Lay out a muffin tray (12 wells) with paper cups
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, grated coconut and cocoa powder in a large bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and just mix it
- Spread the dough into the molds and bake for 20 minutes (chopstick sample)
- Cool for 5 minutes in the form on a wire rack
- Take the muffins out of the mold and allow to cool completely on the wire rack
- Dust with powdered sugar
These chocolate-muffins are a real treat and a real choco-shock! But that qualifies them for be a member in the meal prep team, as they keep juicy a whole week long!