Let’s enjoy some asparagus
Asparagus season is up – and that always excites me! I just love this vegetable. And even if asparagus is now imported from Peru at Christmas, for me it is a vegetable that tastes exclusively when grown regional and eaten seasonal.
Asparagus must be juicy and fresh. If you can eat a little raw piece of it while peeling asparagus you know: the asparagus is very fresh and great quality!
The recipe today is deliberately easy and simple. Due to the fresh herbs it does not need an extra sauce. So the recipe is cooked super fast and there is plenty of time to enjoy the wonderful sun outside.
Asparagus at its best!
- per person 1 veal à 150 g
- 1 kg potatoes, cooked
- 1 kg asparagus
- 200 g young salad leaves
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 1/2 bunch chervil
- sprouts, if desired
- clarified butter
- 4 tbs Vinaigrette
- salt und fresh ground pepper
- Tap the veal cutlets slightly flat.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on their size.
- Wash the herbs / salad
- Peel the asparagus, blanch in some salted water. I had very tender baby asparagus from the market, it lasted only 4 minutes, normal sized asparagus spears can cook about 7 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, sauté the potatoes in a pan with clarified butter over medium heat until crispy. Do not turn too often, it will form a nice crust. Chop the dill and chervil and lift at the very end under the potatoes.
- Roast the veal cutlets from both sides for 1-2 minutes, salt and pepper. Serve with the asparagus, potatoes and salad.
- Sprinkle vinaigrette over the salad, spread some sprouts on the schnitzel and enjoy!
Keywords: Asparagus, veal cutlet, herbs