A happy meal on a happy friday!
I was inspired to try some vegan food, after spending the weekend with friends, who enjoy healthy good food! And seriously I was so pleased. I never made zucchini spaghetti before, have you ever tried it? It is delicious. And if you want to slow down a bit with carbs – here you go! They have an amazing consistency, and you almost have the feeling to just eat a nice plate of pasta. Yummy! I always disliked the fact or the wish to just substitute meat and dairy products to get a similar vegan dish, like in my case here to use the name Bolognese for the sauce. And now I did it on my own??? Well I was reading in Attila Hildmanns book “Vegan for fit” and took his Bolognese recipe as a base. I was out of onions (how can that happen???) but I had some leek and I used fresh rosemary instead of oregano, because I love the taste so much! But as a referral to the original cook I used “Bolognese” to title this post…
If you want to cut down on carbs, here you go! It is delicious and juicy and healthy!!
- 200 g Tofu (natural)
- 1 piece of leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 bundle of basil
- 1 tablespoons rosemary needles
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 200 g tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 80 ml red wine
- 4 Zucchini
- Take the tofu and smash it with a fork in a bowl to little crumbs.
- Dice the leek and mince the garlic into small pieces. Let tomatoes drip from the oil and cut into small pieces. Chop the rosemary.
- Heat 6 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and fry the tofu until golden, add the leek, the garlic and rosemary and roast together for 4 minutes. Salt and Pepper. Add the tomato paste and the agave syrup let caramelize for a minute and deglaze with the red wine.
- Wash the zucchini and cut with a zucchini-spaghetti cutter. Mix it with 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat it up for a minute in the sauce.
- Cut the basil and sprinkle it over the pasta – enjoy!
I really enjoyed this dish and so did my hubby! If you want you can substitute the wine with vegetable broth, it still tastes really good!