I will be away for the weekend, attending a buddhist meeting for four days. I still need to pack, my husband is writing down all the “to do’s” with the kids… ;-) They will have a “boys only” weekend!
For you one of my favorite rhubarb cakes with a recipe at the end of the post. Without many words though…Print
A classic rhubarb cake!
- 500 g rhubarb
- 200 g sugar + 2 tablespons for the rhubarb + 75g for the”Schmand” mixture
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 150 g soften butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 75 g corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 g “Schmand” or sour cream
- powderd sugar
- Peel the rhubarb, cut in small pieces and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Sit aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, until you get a white green, add 3 eggs – one after the other.
- Add salt and vanilla sugar.
- Mix flour, baking powder and starch together and add to the butter/egg mixture.
- Fill into a 26cm form.
- Drain the rhubarb, make sure to keep the juice, it s perfect to make rhubarb lemonade!
- Add rhubarb on top of the dough and bake for 35 minutes.
- Mix 75g sugar with the Schmand or sour cream and pour over the cake.
- Let bake for another 25 minutes.