When I was sitting at my desk today, I was realizing that I started snacking around unhealthy food. It took me a moment to realize that I was really hungry and that the better option would be to make myself a fast lunch, full of vitamins and other good stuff. I opened the fridge to see what I could make and found some leftover quinoa from yesterday. Perfect.
It is a bit weird, but the moment my little one goes to sleep for his nap, I have the feeling I want to use every minute in the most effective way to do something useful. And you know, there is always a huge TO DO list, no? So sometimes I just don’t want to take the time to make myself lunch. WHAT? How can that be? As a food stylist? No way! But I am not shooting everyday and chances are high that I make lunch for my toddler, but forget about myself. There are so many easy and tasty recipes out there, I really want to change this.
As winter is around the corner, it is also the time for sore throats, the flue…. So I added a good knob of ginger to my fried quinoa and it turned out quiet spicy. But I really believe that ginger is good for me :-). You don’t have to stick to the recipe, just take what is in your fridge. Is is a double or triple satisfaction to cook yourself a healthy and tasty lunch with ingredients which are already waiting to be used! Love it!Print
A healthy but delicious bowl of quinoa and vegetables
- 200g quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 carrots
- 1 handful champignons
- 1 onion
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 glove of garlic
- 2 handful edamame
- 2 handful portulak (a winter salad)
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 3 green onions
- soy sauce to taste
- Cook the quinoa as instructed on the package, or use the leftover like I did.
- Heat the sesame oil and roast sliced carrots and champignons for 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic and ginger and roast for another few minutes.
- Cook the edamame and peel them.
- Wash the portulak.
- Add the quinoa to the vegetables, heat up and add the lightly beaten egg.
- Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to your taste.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions and the peeled edamame.